Neil Gaiman Returns to Sandman

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

ARNie

Neil Gaiman Returns to Sandman

Post by ARNie »

I suppose this is a better approach to going back to an old series unlike the 'Screw Alan Moore, we can make more money off of this without him' approach DC took with Before Watchmen...

When it comes to acclaimed comics, SANDMAN is at the top. When Neil Gaiman decided to end the successful series, DC/Vertigo let him do it. Today at San Diego Comic-Con, Vertigo and Neil Gaiman, via video, surprised everyone by announcing the return of the series. To add to it, J.H. Williams III will be joining him.

After nearly ten years, Gaiman is ready to continue to tell the story he believes still needs to be told.

"When I finished writing THE SANDMAN, there was one tale still untold. The story of what had happened to Morpheus to allow him to be so easily captured in THE SANDMAN #1, and why he was returned from far away, exhausted beyond imagining, and dressed for war. It was a story that we discussed telling for Sandman's 20th anniversary... but the time got away from us. And now, with Sandman's 25th anniversary year coming up, I'm delighted, and nervous, that that story is finally going to be told."

From Comic Vine:
http://www.comicvine.com/news/sdcc-2012 ... an/144929/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;