Sacked damsels

DiD in cartoon shows/ animated movies anime etc.

Moderator: Suicide

Nephenthal

Re: Sacked damsels

Post by Nephenthal »

mailbagfan wrote:Thanks!
There's another one I put up where the damsel gets full treatment plus sacked if you haven't seen it yet.
mailbagfan

Post by mailbagfan »

Cool. A shame these are CG, though. Not a fan of that kind of animation.
"Like they say, the chick's in the mail!"
TheVampirePrincess

Post by TheVampirePrincess »

mailbagfan wrote:Cool. A shame these are CG, though. Not a fan of that kind of animation.
I don’t mind CG, unless it is poorly animated, shows animated in Flash/Toonboom are the same way.
Nephenthal

Post by Nephenthal »

TheVampirePrincess wrote:
mailbagfan wrote:Cool. A shame these are CG, though. Not a fan of that kind of animation.
I don’t mind CG, unless it is poorly animated, shows animated in Flash/Toonboom are the same way.
I don't mind most CG. To get a well animated bag scene like that from CG is pretty rare. I haven't seen too many scenes like that. I'm the same way and also if the artwork looks bad. I like cute CG like the two I found and the other bag scene that I found though it had no gag. Still it was pretty decent.
mailbagfan

Post by mailbagfan »

I prefer the way that hand drawn animation allows the animator to play fast and loose with the laws of physics and draw some abstract and interesting "struggling". Cheap CG is stiff and they don't put much effort, if any, into fabric simulation/animation. There are certainly underwhelming hand drawn scenes, but even the worst cel animation trumps low-level CG. (My opinions on CG pretty much applies to lazy Flash animation as well. Animation as a craft is in a really sorry state nowadays.)

Sorry for the tangent. All sack scenes are appreciated, regardless of medium!
Nephenthal

Post by Nephenthal »

mailbagfan wrote:I prefer the way that hand drawn animation allows the animator to play fast and loose with the laws of physics and draw some abstract and interesting "struggling". Cheap CG is stiff and they don't put much effort, if any, into fabric simulation/animation. There are certainly underwhelming hand drawn scenes, but even the worst cel animation trumps low-level CG. (My opinions on CG pretty much applies to lazy Flash animation as well. Animation as a craft is in a really sorry state nowadays.)

Sorry for the tangent. All sack scenes are appreciated, regardless of medium!
That sack was extremely rare since she spent the entire time tied up and gagged inside the sack. But yes, I do prefer the hand drawn way rather than computer graphic animations. Jackie Chan's new series uses CG, but he hand drew all his scenes before he placed them into computer graphic animations so that they looked more realistic. Too bad his new anime didn't have really and good DID and the only tie up scene with rope of Shamal, his cute sidekick girl, is off-screen which sucks!!!

My favorite sack scene still even though it was very short was the one from Escaflowne. Something about feisty damsels being forced into sacks that has that charm to them. I love it when they put up a fight.
mailbagfan

Post by mailbagfan »

Yeah, that Escaflowne scene is great. :-)
Nephenthal

Post by Nephenthal »

mailbagfan wrote:Yeah, that Escaflowne scene is great. :-)
http://748dy.com/?m=vod-detail-id-110880.html

Episode 19 of Season 3 of this anime has a girl who gets kidnapped by ninjas. She is taken to a cabin where she is bound, blindfolded, gagged and forced into a sack and my God this scene rivals the one Escaflowne had. She is so damn cute and she struggles a lot. She even does so in the bag and when he picks her up and tries to carry her away. It happens at the very beginning and this may be one of the best bagging scenes I've seen in a long time. It's Episode 120 of this compilation and happens at 1:45.
mailbagfan

Post by mailbagfan »

Last edited by mailbagfan on August 18th, 2022, 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
mailbagfan

Post by mailbagfan »

I put together a montage of Nabbit bagging some lovely Nintendo damsels in the new Smash game.

https://mega.nz/#!MkE1nAbJ!EUNamF1zLBMA ... py6H_QnAL4
mailbagfan

Post by mailbagfan »

A bagging scene has been discovered in the old Hanna-Barbera cartoon Josie and the Pussycats. During the episode "Plateau of the Apes Plot," a gorilla bags up the Pussycats and kidnaps them. There's a nice scene of him hauling the wriggling bag of teen idols away! Unfortunately, we don't get to see their captors letting these "cats" out of the bag, because the next time we seem them they're already out of the bag and tied up with rope. Link after the gifs...

https://mega.nz/#!RsVmmCyZ!7W2r78nsHwPx ... mp9lzg8szQ