George Lucas...

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Nandah

Re: George Lucas...

Post by Nandah »

Of course, I forgot about the Jedi Knight saga. I love Kyle Katarn, he's probably one of the best characters on SW expanded universe ever been, as well as Jerec as one of the best SW villains.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Well, between Lucas mangling Star Wars and Papa Smurf Ward ruining Warhammer 40,000, I think I need a new Sci-fi. I think I'll go with seaQuest DSV as it'll be hard for O'Bannon to ruin what's essentially a dead franchise.
Didn't NBC already ruin that? I believe it was called Season 3 :P
AH-64D Longbow

Post by AH-64D Longbow »

No way, dude. 3 was pretty good, season 2 was the one that blew chunks.
Nandah wrote:
AH-64D Longbow wrote:Well, between Lucas mangling Star Wars and Papa Smurf Ward ruining Warhammer 40,000, I think I need a new Sci-fi. I think I'll go with seaQuest DSV as it'll be hard for O'Bannon to ruin what's essentially a dead franchise.
I personally recommend you the Mass Effect franchise if you're looking for some good stuff in Sci-fi. It's probably one of the best space opera settings I've ever seen in a long time, and the characters' developement is far deeper than anything Lucas have ever done.
Marginally. Then again, the Prequels are a low bar. Shepherd has the development of a zygote, but that's to be expected from the place holder that is the play avatar. His team is much more interesting, although the human cast is definitely lacking. Miranda Lawson and Kasumi Goto are as interesting as watching paint dry. Taylor comes off like a random NPC, in addition to those.. Alenko and Williams are criminally bland. The only good human characters are Jack and Zaeed. T'Soni is about the most uninspired of the Aliens.

Mordin, Wrex, and Thane4lyfe.
All I'm sayin' is: Give war a chance.
Invaderman6

Post by Invaderman6 »

AH-64D Longbow wrote: although the human cast is definitely lacking. Miranda Lawson and Kasumi Goto are as interesting as watching paint dry. Taylor comes off like a random NPC, in addition to those.. Alenko and Williams are criminally bland. The only good human characters are Jack and Zaeed. T'Soni is about the most uninspired of the Aliens.

Mordin, Wrex, and Thane4lyfe.
Actually I found Miranda's and Kasumi's back stories pretty interesting, same with Alenko, though his charcter was dull and reminded me too much of Carth from KOTOR.

But Jacob was bland all round, though he did give us:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ze_R3TevE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

No way, dude. 3 was pretty good, season 2 was the one that blew chunks.
Ah gotcha. I knew they "executive produced" it to death at some point where fans were turned off. Only season I remember was season 1 being a pretty decent Sci-Fi romp in a relatively unique setting.
AH-64D Longbow

Post by AH-64D Longbow »

Please, someone tell me this is a photoshop and not in the actual release. Oh please, someone tell me I have been trolled. I would shake said troll's hand as he got me damn good. Please tell me this is an internet troll and not something Lucas pinched off.
All I'm sayin' is: Give war a chance.
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

AH-64D Longbow wrote:Image

Please, someone tell me this is a photoshop and not in the actual release. Oh please, someone tell me I have been trolled. I would shake said troll's hand as he got me damn good. Please tell me this is an internet troll and not something Lucas pinched off.
I think you've been trolled good, man. I haven't heard anything like this since that whole Noooo! thing with Darth Vader.
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

What you mean Hayden Christianson as Vader's ghost? Sad to say that's old news from one of the 50 re-released DVD sets. This is annoying and true.
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

rider28031 wrote:
AH-64D Longbow wrote:Image

I think you've been trolled good, man. I haven't heard anything like this since that whole Noooo! thing with Darth Vader.
That's weird, when I was typing this, I thought the guy was talking about Darth Vader saying no when he threw Palpatine to his death. Christiansen in Return of the Jedi's been known for years!
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Ooooooh I see it now. Sorry the forum was cutting photos off on the overflow. Fixed that. Yeah I don't think that's a shop. Pretty sure they put Padme into that last scene too. Cuz ya know... fans were clambering for that.

As for the "Noooooo" rider28031 yeah that's confirmed. He indeed says it now. He's trolling his fans.
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

Suicide wrote:Ooooooh I see it now. Sorry the forum was cutting photos off on the overflow. Fixed that. Yeah I don't think that's a shop. Pretty sure they put Padme into that last scene too. Cuz ya know... fans were clambering for that.

As for the "Noooooo" rider28031 yeah that's confirmed. He indeed says it now. He's trolling his fans.
Its official, Lucas hates his fans. At least he has the audacity not to screw with Indiana Jones.
Johner2

Post by Johner2 »

PFF they are planning on making another Indiana Jones flick which will be teribad like the kingdom of the crystal skull. You know they will touch the originals to make it "better" and when you watch the edited version of raiders of the lost arc you will die.
Lucy Heartaphillia bound to get into trouble.
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

Johner2 wrote:PFF they are planning on making another Indiana Jones flick which will be teribad like the kingdom of the crystal skull. You know they will touch the originals to make it "better" and when you watch the edited version of raiders of the lost arc you will die.
I'm probably in the minority but I liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull; its defintely not on par with the other films but I didn't think it was awful. And if Lucas does "touch up" Indy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZdnG_yupj8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
erikson

Post by erikson »

rider28031 wrote:
Johner2 wrote:PFF they are planning on making another Indiana Jones flick which will be teribad like the kingdom of the crystal skull. You know they will touch the originals to make it "better" and when you watch the edited version of raiders of the lost arc you will die.
I'm probably in the minority but I liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull; its defintely not on par with the other films but I didn't think it was awful. And if Lucas does "touch up" Indy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZdnG_yupj8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I though George already "touched up" Indy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrYLjor_Qog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

erikson wrote:
rider28031 wrote:

I though George already "touched up" Indy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrYLjor_Qog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

....Ok, where's that machine gun I own?