George Lucas...

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Proud Nintendo Fan

George Lucas...

Post by Proud Nintendo Fan »

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/51019

..go fuck yourself. Thank you for ruining one of my favorite scenes from Return of the Jedi.
Suicide

Re: George Lucas...

Post by Suicide »

LMAO!! I'm still not convinced this it totally real. For some reason my headphones pop like crazy when the "Nooo!" happens. Seems tampered with.

But if it is real I'm convinced that Lucas is just Trolling his fans now, LOL!
Karyu

Post by Karyu »

If you need to fully understand just how terrible Lucas is watch red letter media. Seriously go now, Lucas is just a hack now, like James Cameron (I can't forgive him for Avatar).
AH-64D Longbow

Post by AH-64D Longbow »

Hahaha, oh wow. At this point, I really think he's trying to see how much it takes for him to destroy a franchise. That's one tall order, Stars Wars fans tend to be like battered housewife, coming back for more and more.
Karyu wrote:If you need to fully understand just how terrible Lucas is watch red letter media. Seriously go now, Lucas is just a hack now, like James Cameron (I can't forgive him for Avatar).
You really don't need Stoklasa's word on that, though.
All I'm sayin' is: Give war a chance.
cresent34

Post by cresent34 »

Seems a lot of people on Twitter agree with you:

http://twitter.com/#!/search/%22George%20Lucas%22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good Night and Good Luck..

---Edward R. Murrow, See It Now, CBS
---Keith Olbermann, Olbermann, ESPN2
laura silverman

Post by laura silverman »

WTF Lucas?!?

How can this be the same genius that created the original trilogy, dreamed up Indiana Jones, and executive produced Howard the Duck?! (You might think I'm joking about that last one but seriously, Howard the Duck ROCKS!)

It can't be. Which means that the person today that the world knows as George Lucas is really a *spoiler*

SKRULL!!!

Think about it, the Skrulls replaced him back in '95 so they could d*ck around with the SW franchise as part of a nefarious plot to demoralize the human race or because they're Trekkies or something. I mean really, it makes so much sense.

(psst- just kidding, I like Star Trek too. So Trekkies, no need to go all Wrath of Khan on me, okay.)
AH-64D Longbow

Post by AH-64D Longbow »

In the end, I still don't think these changes are as bad as the special editions. Sure, Vader going "NOO.. NOOOO" is out of character for him, but these changes aren't as bad as that hideously out of place CG piece of shit Jabba the Hutt, the beaked Sarlacc, the atrocious arrival at Mos Eisley, Han possessing the ability to dodge Greedo's blaster bolt by dislocating his neck, and the astoundingly idiotic inclusion of Hayden Christenson in place of Sebastian Shaw at the end of RoTJ.

Lucas is just way too obsessed with seeing what kind of things he can do with a computer. Going beyond the fact that these films are so deeply ingrained in popular culture and any changes would immediately become an elephant on the couch, trying to add in CG updates to a 30 year old film is so incredibly stupid because it's a visual anachronism; you're looking at film that was shot in the late 70's and early 80's using genuine sets, props and camera work getting a sloppy strike of CGI crap. It's visually jarring and leaves the viewer confused.

It's like taking a classic work of Van Gogh or El Greco and then "retouching it up" in Painttool Sai. And, by touching it up, I mean adding exaggerated handlebar mustaches to the female subjects. All the while, doing this with a straight face and then expecting it to be taken seriously

Well, between Lucas mangling Star Wars and Papa Smurf Ward ruining Warhammer 40,000, I think I need a new Sci-fi. I think I'll go with seaQuest DSV as it'll be hard for O'Bannon to ruin what's essentially a dead franchise.
Nezz

Post by Nezz »

Just wait until Lucas finally gives in to the idea of the ever-so-popular reboot.
My children called me "Daddy". My wife called me "Milien". Now the world will learn to call me... NOX...
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

LMFAO!!!
http://whatculture.com/film/lucasfilm-c ... hanges.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

George: I. DON'T. GIVE. A. FUCK. >:D
Dr Henry Killinger

Post by Dr Henry Killinger »

i could careless but now the age old questions has been answered

GREEDO SHOT FIRST MUTHER FACKERS!!!!
I am Dr. Henry Killinger, and this is my Magic Murder Bag
AH-64D Longbow

Post by AH-64D Longbow »

Suicide wrote:LMFAO!!!
http://whatculture.com/film/lucasfilm-c ... hanges.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

George: I. DON'T. GIVE. A. FUCK. >:D
I like how no one is caring about the changes to the Prequels. Talk about polishing a turd.
Jazzypants

Post by Jazzypants »

And I thought I was the only one who thought the added track at the end of RotJ was VASTLY superior to "Yub-Nub" or whatever the fuck the original theme was called.

Also, OH GOD. Seriously?! It was bad enough the FIRST GOD DAMN TIME in Revenge of the Sith. However, while that bit with Vader in RotS was notoriously cheesy, I thought it overshadowed a FAR WORSE performance... that of Palpatine's denial of his "loss" to Mace Windu. "No... NO, NOOOO, YOU HAVE LOST!" FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK that was dumb.

Also... why the hell hasn't the original footage of Han being the first/ONLY person to shoot between him and Greedo been put back in? Han's not a heartless killer for shooting a guy WHO HAD A BLASTER TRAINED ON HIM.
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

God help us when the 3D movies start showing up.
Nandah

Post by Nandah »

AH-64D Longbow wrote:Well, between Lucas mangling Star Wars and Papa Smurf Ward ruining Warhammer 40,000, I think I need a new Sci-fi. I think I'll go with seaQuest DSV as it'll be hard for O'Bannon to ruin what's essentially a dead franchise.
I personally recommend you the Mass Effect franchise if you're looking for some good stuff in Sci-fi. It's probably one of the best space opera settings I've ever seen in a long time, and the characters' developement is far deeper than anything Lucas have ever done.

I still enjoy the Star Wars franchise, but Suicide's right: Lucas must have some sort of enjoyement about pissing the fans off, because there's no logical explanation to so many (and unnecessary) changes. Well, of course there is: $$$

I remember Bioware's Knights of the Old Republic. It felt even more linked to the original trilogy than the prequel saga.
Karyu

Post by Karyu »

Thats the thing with Star Wars, a lot of the games, comics and other extra material is better than the prequal trilogy and on par with the classic trilogy.

The Genndy Tartakovsky series excellent viewing too though I think a lot of people have seen them by now.