Rainbow Six Siege

Video Game characters here.

Moderator: Suicide

schwarzkrieger

Rainbow Six Siege

Post by schwarzkrieger »

I've only scratched the surface of the new Rainbow Six game, but this clip showcases a female hostage with a tape gag and her hands tied in front. I wonder if there are different hostage models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jshH5Cim6xY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheVampirePrincess

Re: Rainbow Six Siege

Post by TheVampirePrincess »

schwarzkrieger wrote:I've only scratched the surface of the new Rainbow Six game, but this clip showcases a female hostage with a tape gag and her hands tied in front. I wonder if there are different hostage models.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jshH5Cim6xY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Too realistic
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

Very nice
Miho

Post by Miho »

nice find!
scarface

Post by scarface »

Nice find. I will never understand the reason to tie someone with hands in front though. I mean what's the point of doing that? It's so much easier to escape. Anyway this is not the place to discuss that. :D
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

scarface wrote:Nice find. I will never understand the reason to tie someone with hands in front though. I mean what's the point of doing that? It's so much easier to escape. Anyway this is not the place to discuss that. :D
Most of the time, it's for storyline convenience.

You want the character to be tied up but you also want the character to be able to perform certain tasks to make the plot run smoother.
In Future Diary, the main cast don't trust Yuno (the yandere girl), so they have her tied up. But despite what Yuno is capable of and the things she's willing to do, they tied her hands in front.

A few scenes later, you realize why.
There's one part where the team has to climb a ladder to evade attackers and if Yuno had her hands tied behind, then the artist will have to draw extra scenes of her being untied or carried over someone's shoulder, etc.
So just to compact things, it's most likely that the artist decided that she just has her hands tied in front so she can climb the ladder as well, without stopping.