Seriously?

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Suicide

Seriously?

Post by Suicide »

More on the DC Reboot

I really don't see this lasting long. The fan rage will be off the scale.
erikson

Re: Seriously?

Post by erikson »

http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/ ... ver_02.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-content/ ... sg_cv2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

new Harley Quinn and new Supergirl...
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

Because the links were out:

New Harley Quinn

New Supergirl

To be honest, I don't mind Harley's look, definitely different than what I'm used to but it reminds of the Arkham City look... though it's kinda creepy; Supergirl on the other hand... yeah, give her the old costume, okay? At least its not as bad as... *ughh* Birds of Prey

Dinah (Black Canary), Pamela (Poison Ivy), Helena (Huntress), what the hell have they done to ya? At least, thank God, Catwoman's untouched!
Para

Post by Para »

Reboots are used way too often to (supposedly) make up for lack of creativity, I say.
Karyu

Post by Karyu »

Harley looks cool, but everything else is a straight no.

Reboots on such a major scale never seem to work out well imo.
rach

Post by rach »

Karyu wrote:Harley looks cool, but everything else is a straight no.

Reboots on such a major scale never seem to work out well imo.
xD i agree
erikson

Post by erikson »

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2011 ... 8q2j3a.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from some of what I've read online I think the gal in the black leather anf fishnets (on her arms!) is the DCNU Zatanna...at least it's good to hear Zee is landing somewhere after her book ends.
Bill K.

Post by Bill K. »

New Superman costume: Bleagh!
New Supergirl costume: Well, I've seen uglier (I do remember the Sekowsky-led "New Costume a Month" days), but I've seen better.
New Harley Quinn: Call me an intractable traditionalist, but that isn't something I would care to support.
Catwoman: Think you can handle me?
Batman: I've got handcuffs.
Catwoman: Ooh.
Suichiro

Post by Suichiro »

Are you kidding me? They completely ruined Harley's look. She was easily the most iconic and well designed female villainess they had. She was totally unique and had such a bold and classy look. I've frankly been very very unhappy with the direction she's been going in the Arkham series games and I want to retch over this new design.

Harley is not a slut. Her personality was never like that, her costume shouldn't make her look like a Mardi Gras prostitute.
Gambit

Post by Gambit »

Well Suicide, care to agree with me now. ;)
A turkey is a bad person.
Bakura

Post by Bakura »

Harley looks like she should be running with Harvey now.
(Z–gt;)90º—(E–N²W)90ºt = 1
erikson

Post by erikson »

as strange as some of these changes are to me, and as much as I dislike SOME of the new costumes (Black Canary I'm looking at you) I am still open minded about this...I'll probably be pulling the majority of these new titles (at the moment the only ones I've left off my pull list are Omac and Sgt. Rock). It's still Make Mine DC for me...and since I'll be reading everything I'll be here to post scans if any scenes crop up ;)
Suicide

Post by Suicide »

I'm going with an open mind on some of it. Wonder Woman doesn't look bad (no worse than the reboot they gave her 30 seconds ago) and Azerello/Chiang teaming up should produce a good book. Gail on Batgirl I'm down for as well.
Well Suicide, care to agree with me now. ;)
*cough*Heroes Reborn*cough*
This is a staggering reminder of that mess from the 90's.
rider28031

Post by rider28031 »

Personally, I'm mostly a Batman fan when it comes to DC. So far, it doesn't look like its changed dramatically. Scott Snyder on the new Batman series will no doubt be a good read and I look forward to seeing Gail Simone on Batgirl. Grant Morrison on Action Comics should also be worth looking at. The only thing I don't like about this whole thing is the costumes on some characters. *eyes the Birds of Prey*
Gambit

Post by Gambit »

Suicide wrote: *cough*Heroes Reborn*cough*
This is a staggering reminder of that mess from the 90's.
You're comparing this travesty with Heroes Reborn? That was only a twelve issue deal and didn't revamp the entire universe. The closest thing to this would be the Ultimate line and man when that line started it kicked ass. Sadly the writers did what the writers after Crisis did and just started leaning back towards regular continuity.

Enjoy your new beginning.
A turkey is a bad person.