Question to all of the scene hunters

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Spydarefox

Question to all of the scene hunters

Post by Spydarefox »

When you're looking through all of the various shows/games/etc: Do you look for everything in terms of distress content, or do you only focus on the types that you like?

Example: You scanning a series and while you find scene of people tied and gagged, two episodes later you see a someone get stuck in a spider web. Do you make note of that scene in case someone else might want to add it to their collection?

The reason I ask this is because I have this feeling that some content may be getting passed over because of some of the comments that I've seen.

"Oh great, more of (insert theme)."
"If only that scene had (insert theme)."
Rindfan

Re: Question to all of the scene hunters

Post by Rindfan »

I often wonder that myself. As well as "How does anyone have the time to look through all these manga/comics/shows?" XD

My own tastes are pretty specific in terms of ticking my particular boxes and I often toy with posting a request thread to try and unearth stuff that I haven't personally found over YEARS of literally getting lucky ever so often. Though I guess that luck thing applies to all of us at the end of the day! :D

My hope is to one day find my personal 'holy grail' of a scene. A few have done well, but none have achieved it. Yet. Hope springs eternal, after all. :)

But as for regular DiD scenes getting ignored, even with the basic 'girl gets tied up' routine, I've known of entire sequences with great binding and stuff get passed over completely, regardless of medium/style. Why? The girl's not gagged, therefore into the trash it goes. I mean, really... :/

I mean, I do like a girl to be gagged (cleave especially) if she's tied, but if it's still a good scene it'll get a look from me as 'fully tied up' is actually what I would define as a 'secondary' interest of mine. :)
SeanRulez54

Post by SeanRulez54 »

I just randomly find one on the Internet. And let me tell you, there are a lot.
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Back when I did scene hunt I focused primarily on tie ups.

However I make note of scenes that still fall under DID and even for a while After my hard drive went i stopped and haven't done it again cause of how daunting it can get but I think it is worth noting other types of scenes unrelated to your interest for others just in case.

Hatchi Tories Gag list is a great example. Many Tie ups were excluded from the list because there was no gag in the scene including many scenes with gags an no tie ups so not technically DID just a gag scene.

This is why I feel its worth noting at the very least these scenes whether you clip, cap, save them or not for others who would like to see them.
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

After coming across one too many duds, I seem to only focus on a show if it has a recurring cute female character among the main cast >>

It's unmotivating if I scour through a series where a girl may or may not appear.
Nephenthal

Post by Nephenthal »

I stopped looking in most cases, because I too often ran into GID and I just ignore those for the most part. I used to inform a certain person about those scenes, but that person has disappeared. I have no interest in GID, but DID with GID I'm fine with. I also run into arms pinned to side scenes rather than hands tied and I get tired of seeing the hands pinned to side scenes.
Rindfan

Post by Rindfan »

I'm with Dai on being selective on shows. I don't have anywhere near the same free time I used to and as such I'm much more picky on shows I watch. Although I often go into a show hoping that a cute girl will end up in certain situations that tick my boxes, it's not the only criterion for my interest. If I like the premise, the art style and a few friends can recommend it, I'll often give it a punt. :)

I think part of the problem is that we're now so saturated with shows. With streaming service and other 'on demand' viewing becoming much more common, it's almost a case of 'there's too much to see'.
...I make note of scenes that still fall under DID...
Here lies another question: What does a scene require in order to count as 'DID'? My own tastes definitely have a girl in distress, but she's not completely tied up. Much like the 'it's not DID if she's not gagged' brigade, I've also seen attitudes of 'if she's not completely immobilised in ropes/chains/concrete/goo/government red tape then it's not DID', which has resulted in making it bloody hard to find the stuff I like. :/
Truthseeker

Post by Truthseeker »

Truthseeker wrote: December 21st, 2020, 7:49 am
Rindfan wrote: December 20th, 2020, 8:31 pm
Here lies another question: What does a scene require in order to count as 'DID'? My own tastes definitely have a girl in distress, but she's not completely tied up. Much like the 'it's not DID if she's not gagged' brigade, I've also seen attitudes of 'if she's not completely immobilised in ropes/chains/concrete/goo/government red tape then it's not DID', which has resulted in making it bloody hard to find the stuff I like. :/
I can only speak for myself here but basically scenes that involve the female being restrained in some way.
Scenes involving a girl being grabbed by a villain/baddie can fall under this but are harder for me to consider even though it technically is a distress situation.
For everyone this means something different as a few above have shown IE: ropes pinned to sides, hands tied behind, etc. or for gag lovers having a face mask has counted and did on the old gag list.
Not saying EVERYTHING should be saved cause I sure don't have time to do it anymore either but wouldn't hurt to note them if spotted.
Like you said you struggle finding scenes you like because they may not be getting mentioned due to personal tastes :P
Daikinbakuju

Post by Daikinbakuju »

For me, it has always been about "bondage" and "tied up".
Back in 2002 or so, I only used "DID" to make my website and interest sound less "S&M"-tastic.

Sometimes, I include non-tie up scenes that qualifies as "distress" but most of the time, I forget and focus mostly on the tie-ups.