Anyone Here Into Doing some DID text role-playing?

Request artists and contributors with ideas on DiD's, situations, and scenarios.

Moderator: Suicide

Zorro

Anyone Here Into Doing some DID text role-playing?

Post by Zorro »

Maybe this is kind of a weird question, but it is something I've done a few times with different people (including the forum's very own Batgirl) so I was curious if anyone was interested. Not on the forum per say but perhaps via email or some outside chat method like Trillian?

Text role playing can be kind of like the old school CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE in that we're both just writing, usually from a character's point of view and working off of each other. Since this is a damsel-in-distress board, naturally that's the premise and end goal here. If someone has their own original character that's alright although we could also use or involve heroines from comics, cartoons, video games, etc. I'm pretty good at rolling with things and writing from the side of the antagonist and setting up a story, but I could easily do the opposite if someone else wants to be the bad guy.

Just for some disclaimers, I would prefer any RP'ers and their characters to be 18 or over for mutual security reasons. I also am more into damsel-in-distress so naturally the lead heroine will be a woman. I'm not looking for stories that have extreme violence, nudity or extreme sexual/rapey stuff, just along the lines of classic DID that is rated PG or PG-13 like the cartoons and comics we all like.

Anyone interested can private message me, or email zorro_of_the_21st_century@yahoo.com

If this kind of request isn't allowed by a mod, I'm sorry and please delete.
Batgirl

Re: Anyone Here Into Doing some DID text role-playing?

Post by Batgirl »

Thanks for mentioning me, Zorro!
The one thing you couldn't possibly have in your utility belt, Batman... it's a woman's intuition
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

Batgirl wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 6:54 pm Thanks for mentioning me, Zorro!
You're welcome.
Rindfan

Post by Rindfan »

Used to be, back in the day. But I only ever felt comfortable doing one-to-one RP with actual girls. Never felt comfortable with another guy, and I also tended to go more for 'here's a story to play through with some DiD elements' rather than the DiD being the core focus. I also tended to do it more as a gamemaster for a solo adventure, rather than just bouncing back and forth between two characters doing stuff. :)

Would be happy to maybe get involved in one or two though, depending on premise/setup/whatever. :)
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

Rindfan wrote: February 10th, 2021, 8:11 pm Used to be, back in the day. But I only ever felt comfortable doing one-to-one RP with actual girls. Never felt comfortable with another guy, and I also tended to go more for 'here's a story to play through with some DiD elements' rather than the DiD being the core focus. I also tended to do it more as a gamemaster for a solo adventure, rather than just bouncing back and forth between two characters doing stuff. :)

Would be happy to maybe get involved in one or two though, depending on premise/setup/whatever. :)
I hear you and I can relate. To broaden on the original post, what you describe is usually how these RP's go when I've been involved in them; it's not like the story begins and ends with a DID, it's just the one element both sides know will be featured there eventually. I'm definitely a fan of trying to do a solid story or adventure that just so happens to include a cool DID scene. I mean, that's how all or most of us got into this stuff, right? We were just innocently watching an episode of TMNT or Inspector Gadget or Batman or He-Man and so on and one of our favorite heroines got a bit tied up and we rather liked it. 8)
Rindfan

Post by Rindfan »

Amen to that in terms of how we all got into it. :D Penny Gadget is definitely responsible for quite a bit...

I do like a decent adventure, so may be willing to join in with a group if there's one going. It's not like I don't have female tabletop RPG characters who totally aren't 'damsel bait', honest... >_>::
Batgirl

Post by Batgirl »

And I can say Zorro is great.
The one thing you couldn't possibly have in your utility belt, Batman... it's a woman's intuition
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

Batgirl wrote: February 13th, 2021, 11:11 am And I can say Zorro is great.
Thanks. You were very good, too.
Rindfan wrote: February 11th, 2021, 4:17 pm Amen to that in terms of how we all got into it. :D Penny Gadget is definitely responsible for quite a bit...

I do like a decent adventure, so may be willing to join in with a group if there's one going. It's not like I don't have female tabletop RPG characters who totally aren't 'damsel bait', honest... >_>::
I've been running and playing (but mostly running) message board text-based RPG's for almost 20 years and while none of them have been DID related, I do have a tendency to insert many DID scenes into them with players and NPC's and sort of hope no one notices it's a fetish. :rolls:
Rindfan

Post by Rindfan »

Well, you could probably start one up here and be as blatant as you wanted. XD
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

Rindfan wrote: February 15th, 2021, 1:16 pm Well, you could probably start one up here and be as blatant as you wanted. XD
Like I said in the above intro, it's not just about the DID, it's about doing the whole story and whatnot around it.

I'm a little unsure if Suicide or any of the other mods find it okay to RP in the forum like this, so if you have any brainstorming ideas maybe we can switch it to PM or email. Or I guess brainstorming may be okay.
Rindfan

Post by Rindfan »

If you want to drop me a PM and throw some ideas about, feel free. :)
Batgirl

Post by Batgirl »

I just hope you two aren’t planning any crime in private...
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

Batgirl wrote: February 19th, 2021, 12:34 am I just hope you two aren’t planning any crime in private...
Absolutely not! We're do-gooders. 8)
Batgirl

Post by Batgirl »

Zorro wrote: February 19th, 2021, 2:43 am
Batgirl wrote: February 19th, 2021, 12:34 am I just hope you two aren’t planning any crime in private...
Sure sure...
Zorro

Post by Zorro »

Batgirl wrote: February 19th, 2021, 3:32 pm
Zorro wrote: February 19th, 2021, 2:43 am
Sure sure...
You could always PM me whenever you want.