Snare traps/net traps scenes

Request artists and contributors with ideas on DiD's, situations, and scenarios.

Moderator: Suicide

Rindfan

Snare traps/net traps scenes

Post by Rindfan »

So, after it came up in the Dorvack thread, I've decided to roll the dice, pray to gods I don't believe in for miracles that can't happen, and just generally hope for some input. :D

This thread is intended to be used to catalogue as many scenes as possible where girls get themselves caught by the ankle in a snare, or get wrapped up in a net and (probably) suspended off the ground.

For the purposes of this thread, I'd like to define what I consider a 'snare', whilst a net I would say is pretty self explanatory. :D

My definition of a 'snare trap' is as follows:

Damsel gets stuck in a contraption that restrains or tethers her by just her ankle (both is acceptable, but prefer just the one) and ideally leaves her dangling upside down off the ground. :) The obvious setup is where she steps into a loop of rope/vine/cable which tightens around her ankle and yanks her upside down, but there can be other ways for her to be left in a similar position. See Velma in the first live-action Scooby Doo movie, where she ends up dangling from a chain in the opening scenes. :)

As an aside, if a damsel gets grabbed by her ankle by a tentacle or animated vine (or something like that) and dragged/lifted by JUST that ankle, I'd count it as well. :)

Basically, I'm wanting stuff where the girl is just restrained suddenly and possibly dramatically by just her ankle. :D

Net traps are, as I said earlier, pretty darned self-explanatory. Contraption pulls a net up around a damsel, or drops a net on her, then may or may not pull her into the air to be wrapped up and dangling helplessly. Like I said, I'm not particularly enamoured of these myself, but I know some peeps here are so I've added those to the pot as they're basically related. :)

Note: A net is NOT a 'snare' in my book, despite what the TVTropes page on the subject seems to think... :rolls:

Naturally, I have my own 'golden standards' - and I'm sure the net guys will have their own - but for the moment I just want to collate scenes. Any medium/genre is acceptable - live action, animated, comic/manga, videogame - but can peeps be sure to narrow down episode/issue (if appropriate) as much as they can. :) I'm sure we all hate trawling through 20+ episodes to find one scene that may last only a few seconds! :D

Anyhoo, thanks muchly in advance to anyone who's able to help. I'll try and post a list of my own finds when I've got a bit more time - working heavily at the mo - but don't be afraid to list whatever. I may have seen it, but crucially, I may not have. :)
Spydarefox

Re: Snare traps/net traps scenes

Post by Spydarefox »

Thank you for making this.

I'll start with two classic/easy scenes: Thundercats
Episode 19: Mongor. Cheetara gets tangled in threads that turn into a net
Episode 25: Snarf takes up the challenge. Cheetara steps on a net and gets pulled into the air
Last edited by Spydarefox on January 27th, 2021, 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spydarefox

Post by Spydarefox »

In the Manga Satanophany ch 23: Seri and Maki trigger some swinging traps and get netted.

https://www.deviantart.com/movi-viento/ ... -865206655
Spydarefox

Post by Spydarefox »

Spydarefox

Post by Spydarefox »

Spydarefox

Post by Spydarefox »

For some who like the males:

If anyone knows of anymore, please let me know. I'll do what I can.
Spydarefox

Post by Spydarefox »

POV from inside the bag: