Does bride kidnapping involve bondage?

Talk about anything you want here. From current events to nerd news to pointless ranting. All's fair here.

Moderator: Suicide

Daikinbakuju

Does bride kidnapping involve bondage?

Post by Daikinbakuju »

Bride-kidnapping is not only something that happens but something that still happens to this day on certain regions.

Does bride-kidnapping also involve some binding or restraining?
Because all the examples I saw seem to be mostly people grabbing a woman and just holding on to her.
Rindfan

Re: Does bride kidnapping involve bondage?

Post by Rindfan »

Irish traveller communities here in the UK still practice it, but it's not as common as it once was. They call it 'grabbing', and no it doesn't involve binding the girl in any fashion.

Mostly it's just done at social gatherings - especially weddings - to force a kiss, and to make a young man's intentions towards her clear. Some girls are fine with it, expect it and go along with it, with others less so tolerant. But it's one reason why girls from that community go around in groups. It's harder to grab a girl if she's with five of her friends/sisters/cousins.

But if you wanted to take inspiration from the practice into a more fantastical realm, I can't see anything wrong with that. After all, who says that it's NEVER involved tying up the girl? History is a long time, after all...and in fantasy worlds we can do whatever! :)

I assume there was a reason you were asking. :)
Daikinbakuju

Re: Does bride kidnapping involve bondage?

Post by Daikinbakuju »

Rindfan wrote: July 21st, 2021, 10:15 pm I assume there was a reason you were asking. :)
Curiosity but this could be used as an idea.